Developing And Protecting Your IP Portfolio
Building brand awareness requires a multifaceted approach. Your company may have designed a distinctive image or phrase that captures your organization’s identity; however, your customer outreach efforts should not end at this point. Copyrights, service marks and trademarks can be used to diversify your brand strategy and further set your company apart from others.
Although this intellectual property is an intangible asset, it is one of your company’s most valuable ones nonetheless. At Ray Law Firm, PLLC, our attorneys recognize the financial and competitive benefits that your intellectual property provides. Our lawyers have practiced trademark and copyright law for years in Tennessee. We help our clients navigate the legal processes necessary to register their intellectual property and defend it against infringement.
Managing Complex Matters Related To Your Intellectual Property
Our Chattanooga business and intellectual property firm advises clients on a variety of matters. We identify straightforward solutions to clients who are taking the first step toward conducting an IP search and those needing assistance with enforcement.
We are qualified to address any legal issues related to copyright and trademarks, including:
- Advising on brand strategies
- Conducting trademark searches to ensure the mark or confusingly similar variations are not already registered
- Registering the copyright or trademark with the appropriate agencies
- Filing paperwork to renew marks to prevent their cancellation
- Drafting and sending cease-and-desist letters to infringing parties
- Filing oppositions against infringing applications or cancellations against infringing registrations
- Enforcing trademark and copyright registrations through litigation, if necessary
Using the law to protect your intellectual property can be a complex undertaking. When you retain our firm, you can rely on us to file your application correctly. We also maintain a database of deadlines associated with your intellectual property, submitting statement of use forms and renewal forms on time so that your mark does not expire.
You Have Created Your Mark. Let Us Protect It For You.
We understand the nuances of trademark and copyright law. Learn how we can protect your investment during your initial consultation. Dial 423-825-9772 or complete our contact form to schedule an appointment.